Monday, September 5, 2011

Mesilau, A Different Time Zone

Really?

Nahhhh

Here I am, 5.47 AM and still awake, typing this post to commemorate the oddities of working alone here in Mesilau, Mt. Kinabalu. Why so early? Because I never slept last night. Why? Because of a malfunctioning generator ('gen-set') that cuts power off from 12-5 PM daily, blanketing the entire Nature Resort with darkness and disability. Rather than working in the dark, I now sleep during those wretched hours so that I may in some way maximize daylight 'power-ful' hours, very much like how countries adjust their clocks for 'daylight saving' during winter. I've traveled much this year; probably flied more frequently than I ever have, albeit often to the same place.

Next, I shall compile a list of my travelogues for 2011 thus far (complete with dates) to examine the frequency and intensity of it all. Okay, back to making extra (to make up for mysteriously missing) litter bags.

Oh, and I hit the bridge of my nose with a metal chair frame. It's swollen. I can still disguise it as a mosquito bite for now... maybe until it turns purple. There will be visitors possibly sharing my lodge today. Man, what timing.

Come on guys, Hari Raya's over. Can someone fix the generator now so I could live back on Malaysian time? Please?

No comments: