Monday, April 13, 2009

"The minor fall, the major lift"

For it was an amazing holiday I'll never forget. I speak of the vacation I had in Cameron's, which involved driving in insane, blinding heavy rain for rides both to and from the Highlands. Other than that, it was such a lazy trip that we probably spent half our time in the rooms sleeping and watching tv =D Did 1/3 or so of the Irau trail but had to turn back to avoid casualties and the incoming rain; we had fun nonetheless =D I'll add pictures when I transfer them =p
Photos
Some pre-trip photos first, trial and error with a tripod.
Moon from my house.
My house and moon.
Plant and moon.
Baskin in the moonlight?
Sister the make-shift model. hmm
Monkey Fing Tau
Caught with muka dulan.
Old Town White Coffee, the day the trip began. This was in Mentari, where I got a lil love letter waitin for me in my car right after.
Sepia
Motherficus-loveletterus.
See.. that back left tyre was found to be punctured by a screw when I was getting it pumped. Hence the workshop environment. And my front two tyres are balding, needing a change for I just kissed-a-bumper yesterday when the dude in front me jammed his breaks downhill - I would've made it, but I think my tyres didn't have enough grip no more. No real damage done, and the guy was nice enough to let me off anyway, I'm grateful.
After all the morning shit of receiving a summons, a popped tyre, I'm here in Cabana (Ss15) eating a nice lil lunch when we noticed this jigsaw. Hmmm.. Boy sittin in frying pan with egg between legs. tralala. It rained like crazy after that - which was when we began ascending Cameron's. Took the wrong exit once by trying a new road and wasted about an hour (geez). Nevertheless, we got up safe and sound.

....
AAAAAAAAnd we're in Tanah Rata's T-Cafe, 7.30pm-ish :p
As we waited for our food.
Shim began to brood.
Dorin gave me this stare which was a little rude. The many faces of Dorin.
And we're at supper, the only picture I found worth showing. Shim looking devilish and Dorin somewhat angelic.

Despite sleeping late the first night, we got up for the sun rise the next day, here's the "Sunrise Series"
It was one of the cloudiest mornings I've seen up there, with a proper, viewable unobscured sunrise too.
The North-Eastern direction.
Lots of pink and orange too, I like.
Beautiful morning
Jump into this bed of fluffy clouds
and let it dissolve all your doubts
Brilliant streaks of pink and yellow
yet he remained there, alone and mellow
Alone we weren't, for there were others
who shared a common love for colours

So rose the massive fireball
up and up, in a turtle crawl.

(some Shim taken pictures here on, good job dude)
I like this picture a lot.
this too

Sunset? or sunrise? Frankly, I can't tell anymore.

Another lovely Shim-taken picture.
And the boy that is Yee Hou.

Watch our increasingly amused expressions as we anticipate the 'howl' my camera lets out at the end of every self-timed shot.
It all began fine
but they giggled as each lost their mindThere's something there; that which you cannot find.
"and beyond the mist and the fog, I see her snowy white tail feathers shine, they're from heaven"


It's been so long since I felt this good =p

"Now she's flappin her wings, oh that silly bird.
She tries to fly, she falls, I catch her so she won't get hurt"

14 comments:

Michy said...

:D

kienz said...

=D

stinchan said...

pictures? :D

kienz said...

I've told myself to finish marking reports before I can indulge in uploading pictures =S So, I'm sticking to it, gimme another day or two =p

stinchan said...

you're marking reports? Oh yeah, you graduated already in a way right, so you can mark those junior fellas' stuff. Do you get paid for it, or is it just apple polishing for professors.

kienz said...

hehe, of course I get paid =P I'm also a lab demonstrator now by the way

Jin said...

i love the leaf with dew picture...

miss you guys!

kienz said...

hehe, it's fun to take those =D thanks!

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

lovely moonlight shots! esp the one with plant against moon. i hear wolves howling in the distance......

kienz said...

Really? Hmmm, I didn't think they were really successful shots, but, thanks =D hehe *Awooooooo*

stinchan said...

oh cool, i can open the pics and see what settings you used when you took the pictures. on which ones did you use the tripod?

kienz said...

You could? How? Heheh, I only used the tripod for the Moon shots, the rest were hand-held :p

wέι εяи said...

ahhhhhhhhhh i love the cloud shots. No clouds here. T_T

kienz said...

hehehe, you always want what you can't have :p