Thursday, July 30, 2009

"You're the world's unluckiest person"

.. Tajang's words echo in my head throughout the entire night. It was one of those nights where everything that could go against you, will go against you.

It was a fine day until I decided to have dinner with the lab people in Section 14 and hence, waited for lady Shen to come to campus before we set out. I missed lunch and was fungry starving by 7 pm. Unfortunately, there were problems with her car and we only left campus at about 8 pm. Ouch. Then comes the traffic jam in SS2. Followed by the restaurant we dined at.

3 of us reached first and ordered earlier, followed by the next 3 of us, including me. Everyone got their food except me. I ordered the same thing as two of them who arrived earlier and yet somehow, after multiple reminders to the waiters/waitresses/manager, they give me the nod/concerned face before bustling away and never returning with my food. All I got was my cendol (which wasn't bad). This place was Piccadilly, in Millenium Square, Section 14. After an hour of waiting, I've had enough (and so did everyone else, food-wise, I mean) and decided to leave after checking, even if the damned food did arrive with the freakin bill - No, I wasn't gonna pay for it nor eat that shit. To be fair, it's a nice place and no one complained of their food (in fact, they probably just felt like it'd be adding insult to injury if they complimented it while I was so disgruntled) and my order probably just was one of those that got mixed up with another table. But, heck, doesn't make me feel much better about it.

So, that's part 1. And then I thought, okay lemme go grab some fast food - McD's. The first chain I reached in SS15 was packed to the brim with loads of people queueing, a long, slow drive-thru queue and almost no parking. So we left and went for the branch facing Inti college and behold, I was finally served a Big Mac with fries and drink, serviettes even, in good time. Times like this makes you appreciate your fast food chains much more than usual. It's almost like God's giving me signs telling me to diet. Nah ah. hahaha

Because of all those delays, I left my bag and laptop in the lab and decided to not go through the hassle of liaising with the guards to permit me entry to retrieve them from the lab since by the time I dropped my girls home it's already past 12 am. And then... Well, least we've got a weekend planned, stocked up on DVDs =p
*hearts*

6 comments:

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

owww but piccadilly is still in my list of restaurants to try :D

kienz said...

yeah it's probably not bad.. It's just me having a bad day, really, it happens to me =| hahaha

miszmilk said...

Sigh, I wish I was you right now.

kienz said...

awww.. you poor lil puppy *pat pat*

Shen said...

oh no i just love this blog entry!! hahahahhaha...
and u know wat apparently my car had no problem, my bro and TY claimed that it was perfectly normal to sound weird...
i didn't know u missed lunch sorry dude...

kienz said...

Shen: Ah well, girls and their sadistic nature of loving to watch their male friends suffer. hahaha. I'm still more than well-fed, worry not.