Friday, December 18, 2009

A bizzare first day.. (17/12)

would barely describe my first day, which was exceedingly illustrious. Here's a list of things I had to do:

1. Arrive early and wait outside the office with other staff since someone forgot the office key.
2. Go shopping with a few colleagues for party packs for....
3. my department Head's surprise farewell party after work.
4. Free kajang satay (from KESAS) for lunch since the Aussie department counterpart head was here and the Head wanted them to try them..
5. Head into the department deputy head's office to hide the party stuff because the department Head was lurking unsuspiciously out of her room.
6. Sneak that stuff up with 2 girls to decorate the Staff activity room..
7. Blow balloons -_- & tie em up in bunches
8. Take group photos with a whole office I just met
9. Write a farewell message to the department Head I just met -_-
10. Play snooker for free in that activity room!
11. Free dinner, obviously from the event (which tasted pretty good)
12. Work OT
13. Received my Free shirt which is to be worn on my second day of work, Saturday - OPEN DAY (what the heck, I've barely grasped anything from today).
14. Board meeting which made me fall asleep (caught by colleague)

Whaddaya think, eventful?

Colleague Quotes
"Wah, your first day's very happening, kesian you. I've worked here so long and everyday's so boring. Too bad you enter during peak time when everyone's too busy to teach you"

"Banyak yang berlaku hari ini, hari awak masuk. Ini tanda tuah!"

"Wah, why your first day like that one?"

.. and of course, the usuals..

"Are you local?"

Me: Yeah, I am. Chinese too!

she replies.. "So, is your mom or dad mixed?"

Me: All Chinese, Chinese as far as I know, nothing mixed!

"I thought you're from Sabah or Sarawak or something..."

Meh -_-

6 comments:

miszmilk said...

Sounds fun! and fancy starting work on a Friday.

kienz said...

It was a Thursday =p and my second day's on a Saturday, whee

stinchan said...

no need to remind you how i thought you were a malay girl dressed in guys uniform =D

kienz said...

Chan: NO NEED

wέι εяи said...

hahahaha 'like' justin's comment :P

kienz said...

this isn't Fehs book *slaps* haha