Monday, September 7, 2009

".. had an angel of mercy to see me through all in my sins"

"When I lost my grip, and I hit the floor,
yeah I thought I could leave, but couldn't get out the door
I was so sick and tired, of me living a lie
I was wishin that I
would die


Graduation as I felt, wasn't the blast that it was like for everyone else, but nevertheless, I'm glad I went and in a sense, it was satisfying. It must've been, for I was out having some tame fun till 4.30 the following morning =p To each his own. I think this ceremony also serves as a reminder that we're not going to see a bunch of 20+ year olds doing the same assignments every week, going in and out of the same campus 5 times a week, all huddled into a lil lecture hall listening to the same ol' boring guy yappin in front. It's the end of the course. It means we'll see each other less now on, and I guess it's meant to be bittersweet; sweeter for some, and more bitter for the others. I feel I've already graduated 9 months ago. I was frankly feeling quite indifferent to this celebration/ceremony, as much of an ass I may sound like as I type this. Only, I feel a sense of pride and joy when I later heard that my grandma actually stood up and cheered for me loudly from the back rows when I went onstage to receive my scroll; that my family (albeit leaving me there as they went to get dinner) is actually proud of my achievements. And all the congrats I receive from everyone too, thanks. Those who bothered to call when they can't make it, takin the effort to call (Su Ann) or message (Michy!) even from a gazillion miles off. Makes me feel like the ceremony, though insignificant to me, was worth it because it somehow appeared the inverse to people around me. Well, that's that. Bye, BSc. Science (Biotechnology). It was fun while it lasted.

You have to learn to crawl
Before you learn to walk
But I just couldn't listen to all that righteous talk, oh yeah
I was out on the street,
Just tryin' to survive
Scratchin' to stay
Alive "


I probably sound totally inappropriate, but really, as I write this, I'm thinking about something else.

8 comments:

Michy! said...

My name with an exclamation mark!

stinchan said...

our manly friendship transmits words without messages or phone calls

kienz said...

Michy!: yeah! I dunno, I just like spelling it that way. hahah

Chan: yes, yes, don't worry, I wasn't about to make a fuss about you not knowing/not wishing me. hahah -_-

stinchan said...

nolah, honest truth is that I forgot you were gonna graduate soon. Nway must be nice to finally hold your scroll or frame it up eh.i was thinking of more creative ways of displaying mine besides hanging it on the wall, but Im thinking folding it to a paperplane and attaching it to a ceiling fan won't sit to well with most people..

kienz said...

Hahah.. mine's still rolled up and left on the table with the rest of the stuff, with some other stupid paper still stuck behind the folder. Ah well, bothers me not.

Shen said...

wakaka i felt the same wei...everyone around me was so hyped up about it and keep congradulating me..especially on my not-so-glamour award that i got =P... for me it's jus a formal process that i hav to go through... i was sitted at my living room all ready within 15 mins and waited for my best fren and my mom to dress up/make up for 30 mins...

Anonymous said...

Lol. I felt the same way too..but because i already paid for it, might as well just go and try have some fun! Anyway, i have our photos..haha. not intending to upload it on facebook but i'll prob send it to u one fine day when i have the time. take care!

kienz said...

Hmmm.. Anonymous? You're not Shen, who are you? haha