Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Airport(s)

My office has just expanded. My temporary job requires me to do airport pickups for new international students and I've been going to and from the airport(s) and campus so much that the office no longer feels like my work place. The airport, on the other hand, feels like my workplace.

Today, after working my butt off in the airport the previous day, catching a cold, but still doing pickups in LCCT, I encountered some students who didn't bring their documents and hence had to get them from outside the immigration (had to run out and in again). When I got back to campus, I noticed I left my bag containing about 200 bucks (uni's money), some documents and most importantly, my recent favourite read, my bible. I was praying and did all I can by calling all the offices I went to there to check - no luck. All gone. FML.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

NOT!

Only just now, I got a call from my colleague, Jon, who was to do airport pickups there. Praise the Lord, he has answered my prayers. Jon got my bag after consulting the security office I called earlier. Hallelujah~

*Mom and family has accepted (well, sortta..) me as a Christian. Hooha, life is good.

8 comments:

Michy said...

Was your bag a backpack? And did you just lose it on Thursday?

kienz said...

It was that blue Monash recyclable (ya know, the one they use for goodie bags during open day etc) bag. Yup, Thursday afternoon gone, late Thursday night I got news back. Whew >_<

Michy said...

Oooo then not that bag I saw the security people carrying then. They found a blue backpack when I was there. Good thing you got it back!

miszmilk said...

Yay on your blue bag. Glad that's everything going okay with your transition :)

kienz said...

Mich: You flew that same day! Booboo!
Ehh.. cannot be la, departure hall and arrival hall, mana ada sama -_- haha

Miszusu: Thanks =D (not exactly everything's going well, but well enough =p)

Michy said...

I went in through the arrival hall ma. :P

kienz said...

Eee... Oh okay, haha.. That makes some sense, O' Michy O' Buddy O' Pal =D

Rae Lee said...

hang on.... when did you accept Christ? hallelujah indeed? lol!! update update!!