Thursday, May 20, 2010

Updates


As promised, I've registered to vote, and surprisingly, the entire process took me less than 10 minutes. Get to post office in the morning, get to counter, ask to register to vote, fill the form... pretty much it, really. Proof!

Tried to get creative with censorship.

The picture below shows my first ever official document that states I am a Christian, and I am proud of it (despite it being spelled 'Kristian' in Malay)
Maybe I should've thought better than to use the star. haha. Anyhow, it's really empowering to know that I've registered to vote, especially after I've watched two videos Cheryl shared with me (yes, the Ficus lady) regarding the state of Malaysian politics. I think they're from Malaysiakini.tv. We gotta vote to make the numbers so them parties don't stay in their safe/comfort zone and snack on our money. If you haven't registered to vote, come on, even the lazy assed Furryturtle did it.

Please don't say "I don't care" because if you really don't, you have no right to whine about how backward Malaysia is or how you may suffer in the future if a bad ruling system gives you shit; because you didn't exercise your right to vote when you had the choice to. Whoa, I feel like a bullshitting politician already, awesome.
This Friday night, I'll be playing guitar for the first time for worship in Homes (cell group), serving my God for the first time. Wish me luck =p
Songbook holding my chord sheets, one of my new commitments (to print n keep them so I can refer in the future).
I also bought a new wallet. Australian Donkey. Or some prefer calling it Alain Delon.

Notice the little leather strap around the headstock? 30 bucks so I don't have to drill a strap button into my poor Jasmine (the guitar).
Speaking of straps.... RM70 T_T
They'll be my gear for Friday night... and a long time more =)

4 comments:

Shim said...

Harrow Jo !!

Good for you for playing. Hope you had fun playing if you did. Made me miss the jamming sessions. Got like loads of songs in my head to play but no jamming buddies or a drum kit for that matter.

Just dropping by to say hi and see how things are going. Say hi to auntie dorin for me and amanda if you see her. oh and tony too. I can do all this on facebook but i'm too lazy right now. Hehe

kienz said...

Yes, I did, whee! Hehe, I miss the jamming high that I get with Emma when Sparks fly.

Michy said...

I miss jamming and the gang in general :(

kienz said...

Hehe, jamming, yup, I'm sure all of Sparks do. As for gang, I kinda miss having those full-fledged 13 pax reunions we have once in awhile. Itchy. I miss singing 'Because of You' in falsetto with Amin while walking to Medan under the sun. hahaha