Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mumbo Jumbo


Some random pictures I think are worthy of appearing here today, I have a Valentine's day post coming up, but I'll need a lil more time for that =D I'm in a bit of a hurry today to make it to the basketball court for a game of ball =)

CNY Wine Tasting Discoveries

Hello =)

Throughout the few days of CNY where I was visiting about some relatives' places and stuck being the only 20+ year old around, I've found myself a lil hobby - tasting wines since I have little or no say/interest in the conversations the >40 year olds were engrossed in. So, I've actually began to realize the subtle differences in different red wines while I tasted different bottles within the same night, the degree of sourness, spice, smoothness and after-taste. Takes a lot of playing the wine with your tongue to get a hang of it, but I'm loving wine.

Favourite wine tasted during the period: Black Opal 2006 - Just the right amount of spice and smoothness, not too smooth that it taste like you're pouring tasteless cream into your throat =) Just saw bottles of them in the supermarket for sale earlier for about RM60+ a bottle.. hmmm.. =D

A side-effect that comes with so much wine tasting (More than 6 glasses or so) with the tongue is that..


=_=" On two different ocassions.

Bumble Bees
On another note, my friends and I went for a lil CNY dinner in 1u, that new Japanese-pasta place on the same row as Dave's. No, I don't remember the name of the place, but it has a very bamboo/brown/Jap-sy looking theme, you'll be sure not to miss it. You may mistake it as a Jap-cuisine shop tho, I did when they told me to look for a 'pasta shop', which it really does NOT resemble at one glance -_-

Anyway, that night, we had the Bumble Bee Sisters joining us for dinner =D Say hello to Jac and Mich

Funky! hahaha



Left: Sister Jac trying to gain a lil bust-size advantage over our humble Sister Mich by puffing up her chest... ok ok, kidding *hides*
Right: A more decent picture at last =D

*"Bumble Bees" is a nick name I coined for their apparently "coincidental, unplanned" wardrobe malfunction colour clash; yellow and black, absolute bumblebee-ism.

Pussy Hair Cat's Whiskers

These pictures were taken on a day I went down to Damansara Perdana's Cat's Whiskers on my gf's shopping impulses after finding out the Bumble Bees were there earlier, with the place going on a (female)mind-boggling sale. Didn't get lost on that trip down, caught a few pictures of mannequins that kinda freaks my gf out *oops* hehe.. Picture waking up to see this up-close, perhaps a couple inches from your face in the dead of a quiet, chilly night.

Boo?

Oh yeah, we also bumped into the sister of a celebrity. Maggie Q's lil sister, here strolling about in Cat's Whiskers for a bargain! She really does look like Maggie too!

Here's a comparison between Maggie and her sister, Saggie, who is featured in the middle picture in an elegant red top.

*ok, "Saggie" is a name I just gave that Maggie Q-lookalike, which is by the way, a Mannequin that we saw in Cat's Whiskers. I begin to wonder who came first, Maggie or Saggie? Maybe the mannequins were modeled after the model *pardon the pun* or something.

No comments: