Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Before I Forget - Long post ahead with Visuals


I am proud to selectively announce my success in locating my gf's training centre in Bangi last Wednesday. Ok fine, I took a "couple" of wrong turns and made a "number" of U-turns and maybe "a few" extra tolls to get there and back. Also, Because of one stupid mistake in taking a ticket at a toll and then using my faithful Touch N' Go (Sentuh dan Lari), they wiped out all my cash in the card (I'm hoping the value isn't NEGATIVE NOW) and I had to reverse out of the freaking toll -_-" Only to find out I had no cash left because I have forgotten to *poke poke* get some case from the ATM before leaving the Jusco near Bangi *I shopped with my gf, had dinner and watched the movie 'Jumper' with her new found friends/coursemates* Almost stranded to die at the FINAL Sunway toll before I could return to homeground without passing anymore tolls, I finally found two bucks in the form of FOLDED HEARTS in my wallet; One by my gf (oops, ouch, sorry) and the other by my friend, Jaclyn when she was high/drunk and we were playing poker with a pile of RM1 notes on the table - she was randomly grabbing the notes folding ships and hearts =_= I had to win the game, you see. Anyway, chapter closed.

*Words such as "number", "a few" and "couple" in inverted commas were written in a toned down code-like manner to allow readers to develop a more intimate read on the blog. By knowing such codes on the posts used by the author, the relationship between blog and reader would improve and lead to more enjoyment on the reader's point of view. It also serves to reduce the "shame" level of the author

Additionally, I spent my last Saturday attending a field trip to various destinations; the same ol Mining lake in KJ, some peat swamp near Hulu Selangor and FRIM (Forest Research Institute Malaysia), which was of much much fun =D Various living samples were collected from the water-dwelling invertebrates, though little pictures were taken. Anyway, just a few that I'd like to show here.

8th March - Kelana Jaya Tin Mine Lake


First and foremost, the bus trip. Picture on the left was to depict my then loneliness, I was sitting alone T_T Progress to the right shows you how it went, more and more people slept as the bus trip went on. The dude on far right sat diagonally left from Michelle and dropped his cap a number of times as he slept, without knowing it. Mich picked it up for him a couple of times *sigh*


The thing that stabbed my butt as I sat down without a care.


Something I got from the trip in KJ's lake, new wallpaper for my laptop =D


One of the first things we noticed on the lakeside, big dead fish.

Peat Swamp
On to the second location, peat swamp. Here we go~

First thing's first, in came the sexy rubber boots, I had them on too, forgotten to snap a picture of myself with them, damn >_<



Dear lecturer teaching us how to sample the swamp water - she's got her own *ackhemm* personalized army-green coloured rubber boots, don't pray pray


Just to reiterate to you how blindingly bright the sunlight was that day, this picture was taken without flash, and I inverted it. Check out the reflection. I thank Michelle's 'list of things to bring' that included a Cap.


The banks of the peat swamp that subsided due to human burning/cultivation of oil palm plantations, I forgot which. Our lecturer is not happy.


Which lead to students aiding her in a... "recovery plan" for the swamp's water level to rise. You see, there's a drain built at the swamp to drain it's water to the other side of the road for the oil palm plantations, which is causing water levels to drop. By blocking that drainage and with heavy rain falling, the swamp level may rise again.. So....



The first picture was inverted =D


Sneaky shot catching a serious looking Michelle - I think Jin also sneaked one at this particular moment the shot was taken.


The banks of the peat swamp showing its dark brown water, due to an organic substance called tannin which the swamp waters are rich in. It's the same substance you find in tea =)


Random Erected Log


My group's (Jin, Michelle and I) sample vial, with samples drowned in alcohol *prays for them*


Why a DSLR camera pawns a standard compact cam.
Left: My camera's take on a resting dragonfly.
Right: Mich's DSLR's.
*pawned*


The crowd at the swamp =)

FRIM



I think FRIM is a pretty place =)


with BIG ANTS by the river


An obscured waterfall a little off the main path.


A little pond people are playing in, I noticed that further down in the lower landing there are really sharp and scary looking projections from the dividing wall though, not very people-friendly.


Left: Jin's instant-poser antics
Right: An attempt by me to look shocked upon Mich's request, only for me to blink at the final moments -_-


Big Jin =)

Thanks William for taking the pictures for us, but Jin... *smacks head*


And a Happy goodbye back up the bus with a generous display of Merry Jin and Happy Chelle butt!

No comments: