Saturday, March 1, 2008

Consoling Weeps of My Wah-Wah


VOX

Yup~

I've finally gotten my first bite nibble at the wondrous world of guitar effects! What could it be?

What's that I hear in the woods? Well, it's lil red riding hood WAh~



That's ma Voxy!

Looks pretty doesn't it? Sounds even better, and it's built like a tank. If ever in danger when carrying it, it could be reverted to it's secondary function - Lethal weapon. Yup, it's that hard. Got her for 280 bucks. In case you don't know what a WAH does, have a read if you're damn free. hehe, anyway, cut it short, it's the pedal that allows the guitar to kinda mimic a human voice saying wah wah wah, cool no? The original Crybaby Wah by Dunlop was a tad more expensive, and was a lil more responsive than this one. But, the durability/aesthetic value and sound of this thing made me buy it in the end, I'll probably never need to get another WAH unless I get some sumo to teach me guitar with the wah =)

Anyway, over with the hype (1st round), today's plan was to get my distortion pedal (if they had it, which they did not) and Tony's amp (which he did). I went down to KL alone with him and on our way back we did something really stupid which I am somehow more prone to than other people. We took the monorail in the wrong direction for 5 stations and had to double back 10 stations to get back to where we had to go -_- And another dumb thing I did was, I tested all the wah pedals and guitars using my fingers, when I actually had a pick in my wallet which I have (in)conveniently forgotten about. Dumb, I can't play for nuts without a pick these days.

Tony got himself a nice big cube of 25W - Marshall amps, gotta sound good. It probably does and he's loving it. He'd better anyway, after all that lugging from KL through public transport all the way back to KJ and more, urgh

Shops visited today: Bentley music, CK Music, JS Music
Stuff bought
Bentley Music: My cable (to connect wah with amp) and Tony's amp
CK Music: My Wah
JS Music: Shim's drumsticks and my picks

I wanted the guitar stand from CK but they ran outta stock. That's the only place that sells the nice "goose-neck" stand as they call it without ripping you off. Other places selling at least 10 bucks or so more, bleah~

I saw my first WHITE JEM guitar in Bentley! Steve Vai's signature model! BUT! I spotted something that tells me that it's the low end version and not the super nice Japanese version, so I didn't test it. Above that, I spotted a guitar actually played and SIGNED by my idol, STEVE VAI, URGH! *urge to grab guitar and lick*

"Man sui man sui man man sui"



Your Vai-ness

Urgh

No comments: