Friday, March 28, 2008

The Queen that is Leona


The honest light of day pierces through the clouds after a gloomy darkness, showering the deserving world in all its splendour

What follows are two sets of lyrics of two catchy addictive songs by Leona Lewis, the new babe with the big voice. It's been a while since I've fallen so in love with any particular artist's music, ability and style. Geez, I know a bunch of you would probably laugh at me out there, but what the hell, her voice is freakin flawless, I'd claim now as the best I've heard (suited to my taste that is). I have illegally downloaded her album to temporarily sustain that audio-apettite that have been on 'craving' mode for a while, but I pledge to buy her album from the stores soon. Just let me live through that hell that I call assignment week.


"The Best You Never Had"



"Bleeding Love"

Her album's great by the way, definitely not the one-hit wonder kinda artist. I'm following her career like how I almost religiously follow Steve Vai's. She's the Vai of Vocalists to me.

I'm such a fanboy I'm even a member of her official website!


While she doesn't make me go 'ga-ga' with her looks, she sure has that sweet caramel brown tan that I think is just.. woo la la =D haha (she does look like a man from some odd angles, a trait shared more prominently by Celine Dion)

Reasons I like her style
- Superb vocal range, versatility, technical ability and the way she uses it
- How she doesn't sound like a belting gorilla when she flaunts those powerful vocals (The main reason Whitney Houston never was one of my favs)
- Clear voice
- Doesn't start flaunting her voice like Mariah Carey's annoying whistling voice. She does it with style (Leona, that is)
- Classy looks/style
- Nice brown colour (hahaha)
- Consistent - Just look her up in Youtube for her performances in X-factor. What a find indeed.
- Not lip synching or selling sex appeal =D Truly talented, no lip synching, audio editing, cleavage-parties etc.


Ahh, someone save me from falling deeper into this Leonal-vortex >_< wahahaha, so glad the music industry finally unearthed a TRUELY talented gem~

*fanboy moment over, goes back listening to Leona while reading for assignments*

No comments: