Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mid-trip Starbucks Post

Hello from the land of hot creamy Caramel Macchiatos and Frappucinos =D While the last two days have been rather uneventful, what with the lack of rain which I was hoping for (it's to do with the rain water I'm collecting for analyses), peat water and also the lack of some leaf samples I've been hunting for. It's been a very boring sleepy day, only made worse with that niggling lil part of me telling me I should be doing some work at the back of my head. While I've helped William and Cheryl for their work last night, and probably will tonight, I've had little progress with mine since I cannot do much with the lack of rain going on. Ah well, I have finally been bestowed with some rain which I can work with in the late evening till earlier just now, so I may go get some to work with tonight before continuing for the bottles I left in the jungle tomorrow early in the morning. I must be talking in long nonsensical sentences here, I dunno why, but I just feel like typing on and on and on...

By the way, that hazardous cough of mine is finally subsiding, much thanks to Wood's Peppermint cough syrup, recommended by Su-Jin (Ex-chemistry lab student, now a student helper for this trip).

I feel so lazy. Bahh.

Took some pictures last night while I sent Junie down after dinner, pictures of random bugs and spiders at the corridors and staircase ceilings etc. It's kinda random, but fun =p Like some peaceful photography therapy.

Plan : Get back on Friday, process mua samples, fly to Miri on the 7th feeling light-hearted and sexy-farted.

Some catchy lines from this trip..

Last Night
Tze Wei: Hey Tse Yuen, your potato very hard ah..
Me: Oh, so you guys call it potato now...?

While talking about grinding leaf samples in a pestle and mortar
Cheryl: Ah man, I have so many samples to grind.. William grinds the slowest among us..
Me: Slow's.. good right? You lose sex appeal if you grind too fast.
Cheryl: Are you trying to say something about Tse Yuen (fastest grinder)? nyahahaha

We've been laughin like hyenas up here at night, and we hypothesize that this unusual behaviour is due to the high altitude we're in. The higher we go, the higher we will be.

2 comments:

Shen said...

hahahaha i tot the higher u go the gayer u will be...(altitude gayness of jokien by tze yuen, 2009)

kienz said...

it's TSe Yuen, die la you, till today still spell his name wrong =p tsk tsk tsk