Monday, June 22, 2009

Pattern deciphered

Piano class yesterday was smoother than expected. As usual, the 2 hours or so of practice right before class, tee hee~ the typical, procrastinating, busy, lousy, lazy student. I feel reading notes is getting less troublesome for me, at least for the level of stuff I'm reading (e.g. "Oh When the Saints come Marching" etc). I'm a happy guy. Only, I realize my wrists have a slight niggling pain after I play every time, even if what I'm playing is so simple. The teacher tells me it happens to adult learners whose wrists have pretty much set and become less agile. Ah well, gotta bear with it for now and hope it gets better.

In relation to the title, I just realized, every 2nd time I wear my new basketball shoes to play, I'll get an injury. My last pair, the orange AND1s that got me a horribly sprained right ankle that made me limp for more than 2 months, did it on my second outing.

This time around, new AND1s again, in a different colour, but it's the second bball outing with them alright, yielding the cheesy wound from my last post. It's still cheesy now, and I can't walk/run properly with that stupid wound. Nor can I play ball since it gets worse when it gets wet/sweaty when I exert my left leg; it'd start oozing loads of puss again.

I don't look forward to new basketball shoes anymore. No more, please, let this pair last.

4 comments:

giant_w/o_a_cause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...

least i wasnt involved this time around :P

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

you can try doing exercises to help loosen up your "set" wrist and make it more flexible.. exercises like playing basketball - alot of wrist action involved :P

kienz said...

Tony: thankfully..

Suzz: Hmmm.. Ugly part is the left wrist is the more problematic one; the guitar wrist, the non-shooting hand. But I'm working at it =D