Sunday, May 3, 2009

17th-18th March 09 (day 14 of litter bag study) in Cameron's

This trip was a trip by the dynamic duo, William and I of course. Awkward moments of gayhood were not present in the trip for we were both sure and confident of our sexuality, unlike some other man-to-man trips. I think in my countless Cameron's trips, this one harboured the nicest pictures and I'll share what I have with you finally. Maybe it's just because we had more time to snap around since it was just the two of us. Enjoy =P
Water extraction for human use from Pertang stream in Cameron Highlands, unsightly indeed.
A little deeper into Pertang stream where the more pristine, upstream parts are, it's actually rather beautiful.
Even though the pipework does extend quite deep upstream of Pertang.
And up here, wild bananas are one of the dominant plants that tends to grow in clusters. The trees I mean, not the fruit. The fruit obviously grows in bunches.
Many of these pictures actually ended up in my Honours proposal presentation, where I presented in front several lecturers and my fellow Honours students. There, a banana-esque canopy layer. And this 'ghostfoot' tree which has really pretty leaves that may have a very different number of prongs even when they grow from the same plant. But, the ghostfoot tree's stems are even more impressive, freaking cylindrical durians that have caused me countless punctures on my hands and scratches on my legs The magic of sunflecks. Makes anything it hits in a dark place beautiful. Whee. Spot the William. Ok, enough. and the random unknown fruit. I like. Sunfleck on little plant. My project presentation front cover. Was also my desktop wallpaper for a long time. It's more than just a mushroom there, enlarge the picture. Or if you have really sharp eyes, you should see another cute being in the picture. Over-exposure (chao guong). Spot spidey. More 'chao guong' My 'Thank You' slide for my presentation. Green roses? hehe "Always look on the bright side of life" Hello! I tried very hard to capture the patterns on the leaf up-close, but it's just too hard. Lighting + shaking problem, note that we have hiked up the stream at least an hour and a half. haha, shaking by then. It's cold ya know? Not just a walk-through dry ground with a pretty trail (like what Yee Hou probably thought of Mount Irau, wakakaka). Lobang to the sky There, right in the middle Ghostfoot leaf Ghostfoot leaf.. Ghostfoot leaf!? Whoa! Ghostfoot leaf with a growth >_< Right at the top of the stream where we can reach, this is the upward view, which I absolutely adore. Adorance that leads to more pictures. And more pictures. I like how these ferns (the one on the right especially) look when you capture them from the side. Hello~ Am I dead? Nah I'd be in hell if I were. Take a little closer at the rocks at the streams entrance and you'll notice these many, little things. Things that I always thought were firmly set in stone. Apparently not. This is how it looks from a normal distance. My beloved scissors deciding to mutilate my bag. Yikes. The fun of over-exposing. I'm speaking of camera settings, alright? This is tinier than it appears =p
Outside of Pertang stream, Dr. William attempts to save a pile of branches from its undue death. He tries hard, as it all faded into black... and white.. and maybe a little grey. Alas, defeated and depressed, he turns and walks away to find a better day. Before it all died. My sexy 4 wheeler posin outside where we hiked.
More tea plantation, with a random stray William snappin photos with his new camera.
His UV-sensitive glasses that turns dark upon increase of UV radiation. Tells you how high the levels of UV radiation is up there. Makes sense, we're almost 2km closer to the sun than in KL after all.
Happy guy.
Alright. Zoom time.
This fern is from the picture above, after a 20x zooming using the camera. Where was it?
Note the lil red circle on the middle-left.
Watched 'Watchmen' people? Tajang's parody (this piece of paper has since been modified, I shall show the newest version soon) of Roshack (Is that spelled right?), which may be very well-suited to a particular shroudy figure from our lab..
The sort of thing that awaits me when I come back to the lab. Miss ya guys.
#$%((#$(*&^%


Why the sudden blog after so much laziness? Well, I'm going for another one of these trips tomorrow, same setting, with William, so I thought I should really write up before it piles up further. Ta world! Be back soon!

5 comments:

Michy said...

:D

stinchan said...

sometimes I wonder you go there for work or to take pictures =o

kienz said...

=D both! See, the pictures taken may end up in my work =D

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

pics are all so preeetty. do honour students really write those stuff in their research lab? haha!

kienz said...

Hi Suzz =p My pictures and I thank you for the compliment. Nah.. not all written by honours students.. There's a Master's student involved too. hahahaha