Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Just Realized

I forgot to mention to the world (my blog, actually) that I have been working part time as a lab demonstrator for first year chemistry students at uni while doing Honours. The last session for this semester just finished yesterday, and it's been an interesting 7 experiments with them =p Great experience, marking their shit reports right now. Gives you a headache, yet when someone scores well/took your advice/improved substantially over time, you feel so good about it =p I feel so fatherly. haha.

It's rather cute when I go missing for half the experiment because I had a lecture and made a colleague take over and when I come back mid-experiment, the students (females, whew) go yelling "JK, we miss you, where have you been?!" They've either been mistreated by my colleague or they just like teasing the little demo. Also, during the last session, one student actually came to take a picture with me, how cute. haha. Ah, I think I may actually end up missing my maidne batch of students. Short shorts. hahah, inside joke =p

okay, back to marking their shit reports.

3 comments:

陈一豪 said...

Ya I missed the kids from school too : (

kienz said...

hehe, I haven't yet, but I know I will =p My adult students.. I wonder if any of them are older than I am

Rae Lee said...

lol, how has it been assisting in labs? man that's so cool!! how have you been btw? hadn't talked to you in ages!