Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shock

After my Plant Biotechnology paper last Friday..

Me: Damn, I don't think I'm gonna do very well for this, squandered another one.
Super Intelligent Girl: Well, I think Plant Bio was my worst paper in my whole degree.
Me: How bad was it eh?
Super Intelligent Girl: About 72?
Me: *Jaw & BALLS drop*
72's like a freakin achievement for me already!
Dude: Soh zai, she's a scholarship student la.
Me: *picking balls and jaw up*

The pressure for scholarship students to maintain their grades (or scholarships) are so high in uni. To think that in some suckass subjects, us 'normal ungrateful' students would just pray and try to scrape a credit out of the paper, while those poor scholarship holders would have to practically shred their sorry arses clean to at least maintain a Distinction (>70 %) makes me feel like an arse for not puttin enough effort in my studies sometimes. Motivation's a problem somehow, running dry from 3 years of rushing for assignments and then exams. Hopefully I'll get enough for an Honours scholarship and feel the stress to do well in it. Actually, I think I'll push my arse off with Honours since it'll be sort of a 'new' beginning, with less assignment rushes and more of disciplined work on my own time. Anyway, one last paper on Wednesday and I'm being an ass by being here again. I deserve a kick lick in the nuts.

*Bows to all who qualified for and maintained their scholarship till the end of their degree*

No comments: