Friday, October 3, 2008

Of Icons and Shock

It's a nice, blissful day after meeting up with old school friends for dinner and a long chat. I start to think of one of my lil shocking moments earlier today before I set out. What could it be?

I thought of two faces that represent the best of what they do; people of Iconic status. Dr. Cathy, my supervisor, pretty much represents my university when it comes to environmental sciences. Her passion in teaching and getting her environmental messages across is overwhelmingly contagious. So much so that she's probably the most popular choice when it comes to choosing a supervisor for research projects. Her units and lectures are also probably the most interesting; proven by the percentage of people who actually attend her lectures and stay awake to listen. Good, huh? The face of environmental sciences, Dr. Cathy.
Smile!

Now, we go into the next face. One of pure glamour, but also of darker things, such as drugs, alcohol and more, though he's pretty much snapped out of it and has since done much for charity and for better causes. Steven Tyler, the face of rock. A sex symbol, the 'Demon of Screamin" as he's fondly known. A mouth the size of... Nevermind, anyway, he's got a voice that blows many away (me included). I see him as the ultimate rock frontman, the best any band could probably ever wish for. The right stage attitude and vocals, aw yeah. His work will probably never be rivalled in the same way, which says much about his iconic status in the world of rock. Here, I present to you, Steven Tyler, my favouriate male vocalist.
Smile!

Doesn't it seem awfully random for me to be talking about things like that all of a sudden? Well, back to the 'Shock' part of the post. As I was saying, I had some funny epiphany earlier today. I received an e-mail from an Aerosmith fan site, which had a picture of Tyler, showing off one of his trademark smiles. That's when I notice...

"Oh Shit..."
.
.
.
"He looks... so..."
.
.
.
"I gotta confirm this, I refuse to believe..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


WOH MAI GOD!

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way offensive nor defamatory to the people involved in this post.

6 comments:

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

whoa they could be sisters! =O

kienz said...

Tyler's a DUDE -_-
Maybe that's why they sang..
"Dude looks like a lady!"

Jin said...

i am gonna so forward this to dr cathy!

kienz said...

Awh come onnnnn.. but I don't really think she'd mind much =D hehe

Still, I'd rather play safe, my thesis will be graded by her

Anonymous said...

omg! now i get wat kinda resemblance you're talking about!omgomg

kienz said...

heheh XD