Friday, August 8, 2008

Finalist?

YES WE ARE
SPARKS FOR LAUGHTER ARE IN THE FINALS OF EMERGE KL

Which takes place on either the 30th or 31st of August =D

Clockwise from top left: Shim, Jin, Tony, Alvin, Jin Seon, Wen Han (above), Amanda, Michelle, Poing, Me *sweet smile*


Can you tell I'm happy?

Can you, can you, can you, can you??
Serious mode =D


My pick and Cowboy hat *Yeehawwww* (accompanied by my guitar and lab coat)

For Wei Ern, can't help taking a picture since it's "Karrot O", just for you =D


*
Grammy moment begins*
To all the dudes & dudettes who came to cheer for our band today, thank you. To all the people who voted with their money through SMS, Thank you too =D And for those who have supported us but did not show up, thank you, but do show up for the finals (e.g. Shen, Suk Jiun, Carrot? etc etc) And to Justin who showed up just when the judges finished commenting as our last man, Tony left the stage, I shall offer you my cyber-pats *pat pat* And you'll be in Ireland when we play for the finals too, *bah*
*Grammy moment ends*

Our rhythm guitarist (Me la -_-) received some 'constructive criticism" (kena kutuk) by a judge for my rhythm lines, which I fully accept and understand, though my effects pedal did play a role in that gritty-choppy sound (which sounds sweet for fat, rock-oriented power chords). Jin is tempting me to buy more effects pedals, NO NO NO NO, I'm BROKE ok!

Most importantly....

WE'RE IN THE FINALS! WOOT!

15 comments:

giant_w/o_a_cause said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mini high five*

kienz said...

BIG ONE LA WHY MINI! *JUMBO 5!*

aehknum said...

AWESOME!!! CONGRATS GUYS!!! =)

kienz said...

wow, so fast got comments, I'm impressed? hahaha, Thanks on behalf of band/blog =D hahah

陈一豪 said...

whoots kickass dude!

lemme know where is it k?

stinchan said...

haha..I was imagining as I was finding my way, how ironic it would be if I did turn up just as it ended...funny how WRONG things always seem to happen when you think of them. save it and post it on you tube k dude, ill watch it there

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

i voted!! twice heheh. you messaged me on the night i retired early, so when i read your 10.15pm message i was like, okay, vote. was groggy and sleepy when i hit the send button and i'm not sure if i even sent to the correct number.

but congrats anyway! any vids of you guys playin? ;)

kienz said...

To Dr. Tan: yeahoo! We'll let ya know when we find out =D

Chan: Just remember where it was held, and our conversation the previous yumcha session.

Suzz: Link below dude, my friend put it up quite swiftly =D Thanks!
*Quite paiseh to own up how many times our own band voted*

To those who wanna watch it, follow this link or the one Michelle left on my cbox.
http://monitorlizzie.tabulas.com/2008/08/08/sparks---emerge-semi-finals/

miszmilk said...

Congratulations! I could tell you were really happy in the first pic. All your hard work paid off! What's with the hats?

kienz said...

hehe, yeah we were/are! haha, stage props, dude, stage props =D

wέι εяи said...

congrats! hahaha. see how many ppl are supporting behind ur back! like the saying there's always a woman behind a successful man =.="

btw i don't like karrot O. i like with susu ok! haha. eh not sure can go for ur finals anot.. cuz u know, working ma haha.

you look so different with the cowboy hat. hmm.. looks better, covers ur round head hahah :P

kienz said...

haha, thank you, I shall consider wearing it more often (even if Justin thinks it's gay; must be the impression "Brokeback Mountain" imparted). Yeah, actually I prefer carrot milk too

So where's my supportive woman? hahaha

You must come *glares*

Rae Lee said...

congratulations! and btw... i thought it was a brain that you posted in your blog after that... :p

so when are the final finals?

Rae Lee said...

and yea, ofcourse we can see your happiness :D
smilesssss!!!!

kienz said...

hehe, thanks! Finals is either 30/8 or 31st, not sure yet =)