Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fkecin Bozos

*If you're gonna come up to me and tell me not to cause controversy or complain after reading me whine, don't read on. Or I'll just have to tell you to feck off anyway. I believe it's my right to complain about my day here, so don't tell me how to do it. Oh yeah, it's merely an expression of frustration here, I don't expect any action to be taken nor do I intend to stir trouble/piss anyone off*

Someboday's feelin angstay.

My verdict on the Finals
We didn't play horribly nor did we play perfectly, but we could've played a lot better than what we did today if we were actually given a chance to do a sound check. Results due tomorrow night. While the organizers said sound checks for talent time contestants should start at 12 latest, the Singaporean worship team occupied the stage till over 1pm. It was bad enough that way, but some smelly band contestant had to aggravate things by taking 15-20 minutes to do their sound check when we're all only supposed to be allocated 2 minutes.

Result of that?
- Every vocal, freestyle, hosts and 2 bands (Us and MagicGems) were deprived of our deserved sound checks.
- Jin's lead guitar solo could not be heard well because the volume levels were not balanced enough
- We didn't get a chance to 'feel' the stage or anything like that before we actually had to perform. It helps to at least know the stage before playing.
- MagicGems, supposed favourites for the finals who also didn't get a chance to soundcheck, also had problems with their volume and stuff.
- The feckers that took the feckin stage for 15-20 fecking minutes did much better than in rehearsals, though they still had an awkward off-tone moment.

I'm not trying to be a sore loser (we don't even know if we lost yet anyway) here, but for all that feckin effort we put in to stay back to attend those 8pm rehearsals PUNCTUALLY every week and all that time, money and effort we put in to practice in the studios throughout the feckin competition, I feel we deserved to be treated a lil more fairly. Also, I'm not suggesting if we did get to sound check, we're automatic champions nor did I mention we're better than that fecked band. The feckin keyboardist could not figure out how to use the keyboard effects on a keyboard she brought herself and that's what took them feckin forever. Come on, we took the initiative to change our strings, get our equipment right and tight, tune our guitars etc etc before takin the stage, it's your feckin responsibility to learn how to use a fecking instrument you brought to the FINALS OF THE COMPETITION. Why not you bring me up there and teach me how to play piano and let the other contestants wait for me to learn up that song from scratch in the finals? Pretty good idea eh? Feckin hell.

I didn't feel it so much in the company of my supportive kawan-kawans (yang hebat) earlier, but now that I'm home and alone, I feel like all our work is being thrown to waste not because we didn't try our best or anything, but because of a nasty stroke of 'luck' by an even nastier bunch of people.

Anyway, blasted all the shit outta me, now for lovelier stuff.

I'd like to thank Jac for coming down all the way from Kedah to watch us play, along with Mich and Joanna (my fellow yellow-donning partner for the day), thanks a lot even if you all, like Justin during the semi-finals, did not make it on time to watch our performance

And also, Poing, Jin Seon, Michy, for coming and sitting out the whole ordeal of it and supporting the band as well.

Last but not least, dear Shen for actually coming on time (the only person I invited to come who came on time to watch our performance) to watch our performance. I'd also like to apologize for being too busy to attend to you at all during the day, poor thing had to sit back there alone for quite a while *pat pat* I owe you one =)

All the best to all the contestants, feckers or not =)


4 comments:

giant_w/o_a_cause said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kienz said...

*bow*

Win or Lose, I guess we've come this far we should be there to see it to its end tomorrow night, count me in.

陈一豪 said...

*hugs*

If the organisers are smart, they might DQ the fuckers, then ask for a rematch hehe yay!

kienz said...

It's too big an event to make a fuss for something so mediocre to them. The talentime is only a small division of the bigger event, which was Emerge KL, a more religiously-oriented event really. So, I doubt they'd do so, nor would we demand it. We're tired too, kinda glad it's over, and we don't mind losing.

"little 'syok sendiri' moment:

~WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND~"

We technically are at least third or second if we count the feckers out.