Monday, August 11, 2008

Gombak Weekend

Over the weekend, I volunteered to be a demonstrator for the Environmental Science field trips I've once attended as a student in my first year; same places, same lecturer, just different faces. Surprisingly, students were quite cooperative and I didn't feel awkward being a first-time demo who really doesn't have much to do but to enjoy the trip. Below is a rock I found by the Gombak stream, any geologist able to decipher what's up with it? White rock with red lines all over it, probably some layer of red stone underneath. Dr. Cathy suggested I (Google how to and) polish it >_< haha (which I actually may...)

The rock
Don't remember seeing this the last time I was in Gombak as a first year, plenty this time, pretty! (Don't ask, we don't know the species nor did we consult our lecturer)

Also, on a stroke of luck, Shen and I each got paid some money because the non-voluntary demo who's supposed to get paid was absent on Saturday, so we split her share =D hehe, it's measley, I assure you, but it's still good when I expected nothing =D

May the Monday blues begin

4 comments:

stinchan said...

the rock looks like its got..stretch marks on it. BATU BERANAK?

kienz said...

it's more like deep red scratch marks, kinda cool. Don't understand it either, haven't done much research on that

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

hahaha the scratchings look like runes! as in the LOTR kind. decipher them!

kienz said...

ermm.... it says... boo?