Friday, September 19, 2008

Don't worry, be happy

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy

(Adapter from Bobby Mcferrin's 'Don't worry, be happy', 1988)

Whenever in need of words of encouragement. Or just scream your lungs out along with Steven Tyler & Aerosmith, hoo haa.

It's been a long day staying in the lab with Sir Tajang till 12 am when class finished at 4, but at least we're both (quite) productive with the experiments etc. Juggling between a report, sorting invertebrates, filtering extracts and filtering my lignin extracts (ignore this, it's for my own reference).

The leaves I first started with in the research project (I wonder if I've posted this)
Leaf extract bottles, fresh from the -20 Celsius freezer.
Invertebrates (bugs, crabs etc) to sort (I got way more than what's shown here)
Leaf extract bottles, fresh from the -80 Celsius freezer.
Penetrometer to measure leaf toughness.
Cold.

I should start getting more serious with that thesis, really.

Recent craze: Aerosmith's What it takes, live

I used to feel your fire,
but now it's cold inside,
and you're back on the street,
like you didn't miss a beat, yeah


Tell me what it takes to let you go,

tell me how's the pain supposed to go?

Tell me how it is that you can sleep, in the night,

without thinking you lost everything that was good in your life to the toss of the dice.


Tell me who's to blame for thinking twice?


Pardon the incoherence and curtness.


6 comments:

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

penetrometer?? to.. penetrate?

the poor bottles looked so cold! maybe you shld make little scarf and wrap them around their 'neck'

^__^

Anonymous said...

-80C bottles!!
I was telling our friends today that I wrote that our cells were stored at -70C, and they laughed! :( They didnt think there was even a freezer in uni which could go that low! AHAHAHHAA.

Anyway, all the best for your research work. :) At least you have one unit less to study later.

kienz said...

hehe, yeah it's to penetrate the leaves when you fill the beaker with water. I just threw the basket in the oven for a while instead :) hehe, 60 degrees only.

Michy: Are you serious? =_= there are 3 large -80 units at my floor itself, and our mbb in fact, was at -70. One less unit to study, but an extra thesis to write =S hehe, Thanks! =D

Anonymous said...

y is he SIR tajang and you GAY kien? that thing is qualified into a "meter" term?? hmmm...totally not quantitative at all man...

Anonymous said...

well michelle tell your fren that for cell culture we store in -197 degree celcius in the liquid nitrogen tank

kienz said...

Yeah, it's a meter, 'meter' makes the data a lil more worthwhile to the examiners anyway =D heheh

she did? what class? hahah, she did say -70 for mbb, which is correct