Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Festives

23rd: Would've been my fourth anniversary with my ex had we not split up =p
24th (today): Suk Han's (Tiffany's) Bird day

HAPPY 21st BIRDDAY SUK HAN
May you have a GRRReat one
with your loved ones holding your hand when you want them to
=p

25th: Christmas
26th: My fake gf's Jaclyn's Bird day
30th: Marilee's bird day
31st: "Get Drunk" DayNew Year's eve
1st: NEW YEAR

Hoo ha, it's gonna be a blast =p

And here I am, in my labcoat, mucking around in the lab with the rotary vibrator rotarvap that will take another eternity to finish evaporating that load of ethyl acetate before the dawn of the dawn of the new pump era (ignore me).
It feels weird when you go to bed without someone to think about sometimes.
Just to remind myself to drive carefully, I think I'll talk about an incident that happened few days back, though it felt quite long ago to me now. I suppose I'm good at suppressing memories I don't like, and may even be doing so subconsicously, perhaps that's why I don't end up holding too many grudges? Anyway, at that particular day, I was to wake up at 7.30 am, an ungodly time for a supposed 'holiday' to fetch my sister to her future campus to make some inquiries. So I drove in through the route that unfortunately was going through some renovations and could see that I was gonna reach a dead end ahead, but went on just to scout for the roads around that may lead me to Eureka anyway. A formally dressed lady (probably in her 20s) who carried the 'morning sulk' but otherwise looked fine contemplated crossing the road ahead of me, but hesitated and stayed rooted to the roadside. Noticing this, I continued rolling at my 30 km/h and looked about for an alternative route when she suddenly decided to cross the road without a backward glance at my rolling T-mo (My car's name). "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" were the words that sputtered out of my gritted-teeth while I jammed the breaks and sashayed the car left slightly just to bump the lady's right bum cheek as she lifted that leg up to minimize the impact. She looked back with an unreadable expression; a mixture of shock, guilt, fear and anger I'd think. I felt horrible. and shocked, but the lady only turned away when I tried to wind down my window to apologize (she didn't even lose her balance and fall, thankfully), she nonchalantly turned and walked away, completely ignoring me.
Without a gf, even a crush'd do the trick, but when there's no crush, it's just rather boring.
My sister must've felt rather shocked to be there throughout the entire incident. One of the things I noticed was that I didn't go through a profane outburst even at such a situation, which I am pleased about. But to think that I've been driving so much and could still make such a careless, possibly fatal mistake, is rather disheartening, and I've been rolling in neighbourhoods slowly as I've always been, with an added tinge of overcaution from then on, making me seem like a paranoid old man on the wheel. Bahh
I need to open my eyes to accept more girls around as possible targets or meet more people. hahaha
Ever since that, I've been buried with company with the lab and my girlish trio of Jin Seon, Jaclyn and Poing, though Poing and Jaclyn are almost mutually exclusive since they almost always appear without the other. Maybe they secretly hate each other or something =p Nah, rubbish, I'll be seeing those childhood friends who competed for their tuition teacher's affection together later alright, supposedly dressed up too. I need more male friends. Preferrably if they stayed near me and were mostly available to go out with. The girls are girlifying me, and I am worried -_- Merry Christmas people, wishing you early in case I get too wasted tomorrow to post (I hope not).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting such a big picture of mine, promoting me to ur frens on my bird day.. hahahaha... oiya, when r we meeting up man? it has been long.. ohya, when's ur class starting? me n see yun are interested in visiting genting early jan, interested to join boh? ask jaclyn too.. though i saw on facebook she'd jus oni been there =S

kienz said...

You're welcome by the way,I hope the promotion did you good then =D hahaha

I'll check with her bout the Genting thing, but just to let ya know, I've graduated actually =p just waitin for convocation, and meeting up, soon we shall, after I clear it with Onn suk and Jac.