Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Rotarvap

Roar. Following a serene lunch with le Shen in Cabana, the day went downhill in the lab, mostly due to my own idiocy. To sum it up, the rotarvap (a funky device for solvent extraction) pump was not working for a long time, which puzzled me. When I asked a sage, Kok Leong from upstairs (I call him sage for he worked it out for me) to have a look, he found the problem. The vacuum pump was working, but was clogged with ice inside. I wasted so much time looking for a leak in the connections instead, bahhhhhhhhhhhh
All in all, I thanked him and he left after that. Only for me to start hearing the sound of trickling water. "OH FUG" I thought. The pump I spoke of pumped water into a condenser, which had an outlet.. which was freely flowing onto the table and below by now O_O NIAMAAAAAA~

Anyway, some 'get-cloth-to-soak-up' emergency measures along with some swift 'stock-moving' avoided any further bloodshed, and the boxes under the table was safe from the wet harm my stupid leak presented. Bahh.. Cleaned now. Rotarvap-ing only one round for today, for I wasted so much time. And I came late too. Geez, numbnuts, I'm comin in tomorrow to make up for this, grrrr.. (and also to post up the Tabur 2 post)

Great night ahead expected, dining with Dodo, Doni, Din Seon in 1u before a night of old school board games in Le Bounce's home. Ngieheheh =p So call us geeks!
..but it's still good~

No comments: