Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tabur 1

This marks the beginning of another picturesque series of posts, logging my first, proper, mountainous, rocky hike experience in Bukit Tabur, along with David, Shen, Tse Yuen and Potato (a cute local canine that hangs out in the area and enjoys following hikers up the hill).

26th November 2008
Original plan: Pick Shen up from Petronas station near my house at 6:15 am, pick Tse Yuen up from 1u at 6:25 am and then meet David at 7:00-7:15 am at Zoo Negara.

Reality
6:00 am - Shen messages "Shit, I just woke up, tell uncle (TY) I'll be late"
6:45 am - Fetches Shen
7:00 am - Fetches a lonely TY sitting by the road
7:45 am - Meets David
~ 8:30 am - Start hiking

Just living up to Malaysian standard time (MST). Bahhh, Shen, you're excused since it was your birthday the previous day, lucky lil donkey =p


*May the author shut his hole to allow pictures to speak their 1000 words' worth*
First off, we meet this lil 'stray' that was so friendly it was dangerously following our cars when we arrived at the foot of the hill "woofer, we could've ran over you man, you were gettin way too close to our wheels". It's so friendly we couldn't help but feel taken by it. She's probably bout a year old according to David, and on our journey, we aptly named it Potato for I decided to give her my last potato bun when she followed us up so high in the hike.
First stop for pretty scenery pictures of the Klang gates reservoir, kinda surreal, really.
Foggy, foggy, doggy day
The 'other' trail that leads to that peak on the right side of the picture, the road not taken. Maybe next time, eh guys? Potato? Woof? =p
You won't believe this after the Cameron's Picture Post Series. Shen was actually rarely in my camera's pictures because we made too much fun of her 'more than common appearances' in our previous trips and decided to play the trick back on me by handling my camera throughout the entire hike. Hence the (upcoming) overload of Jo Kiens in this post, you will be surprised/wowed/awe-struck and maybe a lil nauseated by the end of the posts.
Clearer picture of the 'other' peak, I hear that trail has 5 peaks and the one we climbed had 7. But I don't really know myself actually.
Up till bout this point, I'm still handling the camera, but from about now onwards, say goodbye to scenery and hello to Jo Kiens.
Hi!
Everyone but Shen, whoa! See how Potato's followin us around just like she's one of us? cool canine, I gotta say.
Woof!
"Look, I'm not so good with being IN a picture ok?"
*Stretttch* She's cute =p Man, I don't even say this much to Shen or any other girls, you lucky bitch Potato =p
Belakang Mari.
TY, the man who struggled and went pale in the beginning due to dehydration. Forgot to eat/drink enough before the trip and had to carry loads of camera crap throughout the trip, kesian. Potato made sure to embarrass him by always gettin up those hard-to-climb peaks much quicker than him.. and any one of us, for that matter. She also always kept guard waiting for the last person which in this trip, was often TY =p
I made a new friend =)
"Now, look at the camera alright?"
"That's ma girl"
Shen makin a rare appearance with David. I must say though, her talents with the camera isn't only limited to being IN the picture. She's pretty good at taking pictures too =D
Smile! *whacks* I said smile, TY..
Potato takin care of TY, and vice versa. How sweet =p
Can u tell he struggled at first?
When the subject (me) spoils the picture.
Potatoe (Now I remember they added the 'e' at the back of her name to make it look cuter. hmmm) leading the charge for TY on one of the steep climbs.
Ain't ya a proud canine, Potatoe?
2nd scenery spot, which I totally love.
If I'm not mistaken, this was the place we could actually see Genting Highlands. Maybe not so clearly here. I remembered spotting First World hotel, since its the most flashily coloured building.
What the hell was I doin
The "I'm hot" photo.
"I Like, to Hike, I like, to Hike"
The mushy-mushroom
The hilltop whore.
The "hit-me" face.
More cute pictures.
And cute guys *Nyahahahahaha*
Ant hell, didn't get a real good shot of this ant party.
The city view, quite pretty despite the haziness. Also, notice that slightly brown blanket that covers the city immediately before the foggy white layer above. That, my friends, is what pollution has caused, a phenomenon known as 'photochemical smog', with the brownish tinge mainly contributed by nitrogen dioxide emitted from car exhausts, factories etc. I feel kinda drawn to this phenomenon because I did a Chemistry project on it during college =)
Thanks for takin nice pictures, Shenners =)
A scene fit for Bollywood. Notice Potatoe's ears at the bottom right of the picture, the hidden Mickey Doggie.
I wonder why I was laughing so retardedly there =p
"We rule this hill"
I like
The pictures Shen had to order me around to take "Jo, you sit there. Ok look here" =s
There's something unnatural bout my 'smile for pictures' Guess I need more practice.
David, caught hiking with slippers yet again. Bah, you never learn =p
Shen: Take picture! Me: Again? bahh
I am a short Greek God
Who doesn't know how to pose.. yet
Ahh, pictures look so much better when they take me out of them. hahhaah
Don't you just wanna jump into the picture for a breath of fresh air?
Camera back in my hands (for a while)
Don't think it was me who took this 'leggy' picture of David, gotta be Shen's work.
And another pretty one. Makes me think of the world map somehow.
Woof!
When the model is bored.
The photographer puts a halo lightbulb on his head (for ideas).
Breathing in that refreshing new air of enthusiasm, he takes on the challenge to pose with the rocks.
While the drooling photographer (Shen) continues to snap picture after picture of his gayfullness gracefulness.
I end this post prematurely with our rendition of "The Thinker" who smiles when he thinks too much.

To be continued..

5 comments:

陈一豪 said...

Damn, didn't know that the brown smog would actually by visible.

What was her name again, Mahani was it?

kienz said...

Well, I'm sure they characterized it as a 'brown smog' for a reason. But it can be way worse, this isn't enough to kill us quickly yet.

Yeap, Puan Ma-honey =P eheheh, my class' beloved mentor.

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

i wonder what the thinker is thinking that's making him smile ..

Cheryne said...

At first I thought one of you guys brought a dog along...That is a very cute one! Must be very loyal.*woof*

Nice view up there!

kienz said...

Suzz: Happy thoughts =p

Cher: Sure was very loyal, and adorable too =p The view sure was breathtaking alright =)