Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Scattered Remnants

I meant to write this one up a while ago, plagued by the mind-crippling procrastination. While I await the 30 minute incubation required by an assay in the lab, I shall escape this evil embodiment of laziness in me and write up.

The scene before my plant biotech paper last semester
Probably the most stressed I have ever been before an exam. Why? Because I was surrounded by hopelessly nervous people O_O That, was hell.. I was saved by Norah Jones' "I'll be your baby tonight" which I blared into my ears using headphones to block out the heavy atmosphere around me.
Serene at her worst.
Jessica exploding while she tried to avoid my nosy camera
Me being retarded to make it a complete set depicting the three stressed donkeys for the paper.

Bringing Jaclyn into the lab to study
We figured a novel function for the common retort stand.
She's studying real hard there.. the books contents diffusing into as she focuses in her deep sleep trance.

More random Crap
*smiles*
The leftover wine from uni gang's KL trip, which I finished. Just didn't wanna waste ya know?
My sister being retarded.
Karaoke with the usual Tony & Jin Seon. Wait a minute, I never knew the bottom of the mics had lights?

A rare Dodo (Dorin) caught sleeping in Langkawi during one of our car rides. One of the last of her species, really.
When we waited for check-in in Langkawi, everyone had a go at this (Tony & Wen Han).
This too (Jin & Jin Seon)
Our dinner place, pretty good (recommended)
Amin posing in his sleep while the rest of us played Pictionary/Gin Rummy
"Can't you feeeeel, the loveeeee tonight?"
NO

The level of 'syok' depicted on his expression is immeasurable, don't you agree? Almost equal to my level of malevolence

More of Langkawi, in Aquaria where these African penguins were all contemplating taking that last, daring step to plunge head first into the (un)deadly waters that lurk below. The way they position themselves is plain hilarious, edging so close together as if waiting for a mistake to accidentally nudge the closest one into the water rather than waiting for their courage to accumulate to an effective level =P

This picture here tells of a tragic story, where a group of sleep-deprived teenagers , one half-drunk (Tony) decided to catch the sunrise in ol' Langkawi a foreign land, only to be disappointed by the fact that the location's east side was obscured by another large chunk of hill/island. Boo. So, they decided to visit Eagle's Bay (did I get the name right?) at that ungodly hour instead, just to comfort their little broken hearts, ignoring the pleas of their bodies to rest.
How I wish I brought a camera to Langkawi (all the pictures in this post are from my phone). This really would've allowed for a great picture.

And then...
"Whazzat looney doing?"
This dude (Tony la) was trying to get a picture of him swallowing... the moon, which was still up in the sky despite the break of dawn. Wen Han (dude behind with camera) was there trying to get the right angle, though I never got to see the shots on his camera. I still think it makes him look utterly stupid (Tony, I mean) when you take him from here =p
*smacks head*
Then there were sleepy Dodo and dying Toto
She needs her beauty sleep, really. He just needs to get over his alcohol intoxication (notice Chipsmore pack in his left hand? hehe)
Taken for Bun Bun
This picture... tells another tragic tale, revolving around a group of happy teenagers playing Pictionary in a hotel room (which was really fun, especially when we watchd Jin pair up hopelessly with Tony, as the former was on the verge of tearing out his brains in frustration as the rest laughed away), until one of the short(est) boys in the room decides to take a rest on the bed, which instantly drew a head-first lunge by another taller boy (Jin), right into the short boy's knee. That there, my friends, is a bruise that Jin's HEAD caused when his HEAD rammed my KNEE with a loud *THUD* with echoes cuz Jin's skull was mostly hollow hahah. While I only expected HIM to grimace in agony after the collision, I can't help but to grab my knee in pain either *teet tao gung* (Metal Head Technique in Cantonese, haha)
The place we had dinner, with our stoned friend, Shim =p This was the last night, which we spent dinner at the pool side of our place. Nothing too spectacular though.
Our dear Dodo from an unflattering angle (sorry babe >_< enchanting ="">

*End of Langkawi Bits*

This, my friends, is a pissed drunk older brother who lay motionless in his own product of emesis. Highly reminiscent of oneself during a particular night on the threshold of the year 2007. This is how Karma gets you right in the ass. I only discussed my own experience with Sze Yuen, CK & JacJac few nights ago, where Sze, Sooks & Michelle (what sweethearts) helped clean Justin's & my puke & even hid my carkeys so I won't wake up and crash myself driving my way home. Ahh well, I paid back (to my brother, oddly), by sitting at my staircase downstairs at my garage for 2 hours & more waiting for him to regain consciousness & sober up. Okay, maybe he didn't really sober up properly. I ended up wiping the puke on his backseat using tissue *ew* and getting him water while he mounted a drain to puke for another 20 minutes. Ah well, that's what brothers are for -_- Oh yes, he soiled his brand new more than RM800 suit that night and publicly embarrassed our name (Lee) on Facebook. dick (guess it applies to me too) =_=
This is one of my friends in the lab. It's a 'Rotary Evaporator', often abbreviated 'Rotarvap'. I like this machine, makes my work simple. Anyway, few days ago when a salesgirl came in to try to sell some of these equipment and Tse Yuen mentioned the rotary evaporator, she misheard and repeated out loud "Rotary vibrator?". BWAHAHAHAHA. Okay, to give him some credit, TY actually did quite a good job in maintaining a straight face when she slipped that out, only to falter when he saw me laughing behind her back and then bursting into a big laugh in her face =D hahahaha, mean doods (And it seems, after some 'intense' research conducted by TY, he actually found that a 'rotary vibrator' really DOES exist, whoa)

Hey people.. It's PUSSY TIME!
Near my house. Naughty pussy scavenging other people's junk. Tsk tsk tsk, desperate little pussy *pat pat*
To people who knows the cheap economy rice in ss15 where the drinks lady would nonchalantly chant 'horhhhh deeee yeaaaahhh satu' or 'leng cheeeee kaaaaaang satu' upon the completion of an order, this cat is a regular there. Moments before this picture was snapped, the cat was yawning and stretching in a very human-like manner, which prompted me to take this, only for me to be a split second late, geezers

On another note, I got new leather shoes (formal wear, ya know, the old pair from my form 5 prom has given way at last, water leaks in if I happen to step on wet ground) using Jin Seon's RM50 voucher for Hush Puppies, thank you very much =D So I got an occassion to wear it when one of my uncles decided to throw a lil dinner party at Marriott hotel, here's proof with my mom. I also wore a brand new belt that I bought because I left my pretty damn brand new one in Langkawi =_= Pictures, here.
Momma & I
(nope, you can't see the shoes)

The new belthead, chosen from a very limited amount of choices, nevertheless, nice enough to satisfy me. It's brown again =p

This post is so random and outdated, which really reflects the author quite aptly.

*Added* Oh yes, I was taken by surprise when Tse Yuen suddenly told me "Hey, do you know you're actually quite well-known in the labs?" When I pressed on, he refused to answer, and I guess that's why it suddenly stirred up in my head, what did I do???

6 comments:

wέι εяи said...

well known because u walk cute! like a penguin XDDDDD

giant_w/o_a_cause said...

dood, wat else can it be...your the only lab worker who brings in and plays the guitar along with free-loading buddies to store up their gear... =D

Anonymous said...

Wheee...hehe I like picture posts!! Tony sure looks funny in the morning "moon" picture. :P

kienz said...

Carrot: Well at least there's a 'cute' factored in there =p

Tony: Well, at least it's stopped for quite some time.. hoping for a resumption in the near future =D

Michy: hahahaha, I know! like he's trying to eat air or something XD

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

whoa rotary vibrator lololololol

kienz said...

Suzz: Intrigued eh? hahaha